Welcome, high-performance athletes!
We offer support to elite Canadian and international athletes who want to race in our Marathon, Half-Marathon, or Army 10K events.
After a challenging two years dealing with the covid-19 pandemic, we are ecstatic to be back hosting an in-person event, although it means making some adjustments. Due to a limited budget, all Elite applications will be reviewed and approved on an individual basis, with complimentary entry fee and limited financial support for travel and accommodation (see below).
We hope you will join us for the opportunity to run a stunning fast, flat course with an exciting downtown start and finish in the heart of Edmonton, Alberta’s capital city!
Step 1: Check the criteria below to verify your qualification for the elite program.
|2023 Elite Status Qualifying Times||Men||Women|
|Marathon (Masters, 40+)||2:47:30||3:05:00|
|21.1 km Half-Marathon (Open)||1:12:30||1:23:00|
|21.1 km Half-Marathon (Master, 40+)||1:14:30||1:27:30|
|10K Road Race (Open)||32:30||36:00|
|10K Road Race (Masters, 40+)||34:00||38:00|
- To be eligible for the elite program, all applicants must meet the outlined athletic standards.
- Priority support will be given to Marathon and Half-Marathon events.
- The level of support for the Marathon, Half-Marathon, and 10K will depend on qualifying times, gender equity, and total number of applications. No more than $300 will be offered to support travel.
- Performance standards must have been attained within the past year. If not possible, please provide a brief explanation since we recognize there were limited race opportunities.
- Age Group athletes, Masters Athletes, and other athletes close to qualifying standards will be considered depending on the total number of Elite applicants.
- First time Marathon applicants must meet the 21.1 km Half-Marathon standard.
- First time 21.1 km Half-Marathon applicants must meet the 10K Road Race standard.
IMPORTANT: All athletes must provide their own valid authorization to enter and exit Canada (i.e., visa, passport). We do not provide official letters of invitation.
Step 2: Apply by submitting the following items to:
Brian Torrance, Servus Edmonton Marathon Elite Coordinator
- a. Name
- b. Date of birth
- c. Hometown or place of residence you are representing (i.e., town, city)
- d. Mailing Address
- e. Event desired (Marathon, Half-Marathon, or 10K)
- f. Fastest race times, event, and year
- g. Contact information (include twitter handle, if available)
- h. Requests for entry, accommodation, and/or travel supports
- i. Colour photo (if available)
- j. Social media handles (e.g., Twitter)
- k. Short biography (one paragraph)
2023 Servus Edmonton Marathon Prize Money
|Distance – Category||Amount|
|Marathon – 1st place Male / Female||$ 1000|
|Marathon – 2nd place Male / Female||$ 500|
|Marathon – 3rd place Male / Female||$ 250|
|Marathon – 4th place Male / Female||$ 150|
|Marathon – 5th place Male / Female||$ 75|
|Marathon – Top Master||$ 100|
|Marathon – Top Edmontonian||$ 100|
|Half Marathon – 1st place Male / Female||$ 1000|
|Half Marathon – 2nd place Male / Female||$ 500|
|Half Marathon – 3rd place Male / Female||$ 250|
|Half Marathon – 4th place Male / Female||$ 150|
|Half Marathon – 5th place Male / Female||$ 75|
|Half Marathon – Top Master||$ 100|
|Half Marathon – Top Edmontonian||$ 100|
|Army 10K – 1st place Male / Female||$ 250|
|Army 10K – 2nd place Male / Female||$ 150|
|Army 10K – 3rd place Male / Female||$ 50|
|Army 10K – Top Edmontonian||$ 50|
Elite Budget Bonus Money
|Marathon Time||Men||Marathon Time||Women|
|Sub 2:20:00||$1000||Sub 2:38:00||$1000|
|Sub 2:25:00||$750||Sub 2:45:00||$750|
|Sub 2:30:00||$500||Sub 2:50:00||$500|
|Half Marathon Time||Men||Half Marathon Time||Women|
|Sub 0:63:00||$1000||Sub 1:11:00||$1000|
|Sub 0:64:00||$750||Sub 1:12:00||$750|
|Sub 0:65:00||$500||Sub 1:13:00||$500|
|Sub 0:66:00||$250||Sub 1:14:00||$250|
- Canadian Funds
- Only two Bonuses will be given out per race. TOP 2 only.
- Cheques mailed out to the athlete post event.