Jaclyn Panylyk - Edmonton, AB
What is your:
- Go-to pre-run food/nutrition?
- Non-dairy Matcha Green Tea Latte, maybe with a bit of honey if I’m feeling feisty & a plant based smoothie! Super energizing and easy to digest
- Go-to post-run food/nutrition?
- Haha, I usually not hungry after races, it takes me awhile but if I am, I love Donuts or going for a really tasty dinner.
- Favorite running gadget/accessory?
- My Ceile Hat, Hoka Shoes and Yur bud headphones- they suction to your ears!
- Favorite place to run?
- Edmonton River Valley baby! Endless trails, beautiful views.
Would you rather:
- Trail or road race?
- Oooo tough, I like both for different reasons. Can't choose.
- Indoor or outdoor running?
- Outdoor is my preference. Fresh air, baby!
- Silence or music?
- Music for sure!
- Solo run or run with friends?
- I like both, but for long runs I prefer to go solo.
What is your favourite Servus Edmonton Marathon memory?
This is a hard one. I have so many. The energy is this city is incredible and our running community is one for books. Being in the starting line of the race gives you such a high! The Edmonton Marathon specifically has a banquet & beer gardens after the race! Such an awesome perk!