Keeley Milne - Marathon | Medicine Hat, AB
What is your:
- Go-to pre-run food/nutrition?
- Toasted english muffins with peanut butter!
- Go-to post-run food/nutrition?
- Chicken, boiled eggs, skratch drink mix (during long races).
- Favorite running gadget/accessory?
- My Garmin Forerunner 235, and of course the Strava app!
- Favorite place to run?
- Too hard to choose! I love the local trails in Medicine Hat where I live, but also Fish Creek Park in Calgary where I grew up, and along the Mira River in Cape Breton where my husband is from!
Would you rather:
- Trail or road race?
- I'm a road racer at heart but transitioning to trail with my newfound passion for ultras.
- Indoor or outdoor running?
- NEVER INDOOR! Always outdoor, -30 and all.
- Silence or music?
- Podcasts for long runs, music for fast ones, silence on occasion for a break.
- Solo run or run with friends?
- 90% solo, 10% with friends or at parkrun!
Where could we find you outside of work?
On the trails and coulees around Medicine Hat and Lethbridge in my running shoes, teaching or practicing yoga at the studio I've been with for four years, curled up with a book, my dog and cat, or managing the chaos of three (one son, two step-sons) teenage boys and their collected friends.