Laurie Hynes - Half Marathon | Edmonton, AB
What is your:
- Go-to pre-run food/nutrition?
- Oatmeal with berries, seeds, and maple syrup. I have a very sensitive stomach so I have to keep it pretty simple.
- Go-to post-run food/nutrition?
- I try to drink as much water as possible once I'm finished. Afterwards, it's usually something quick and easy like eggs and sweet potatoes. After a race though, all bets are off - and I usually inhale a burger as soon I can get it in my hands.
- Favorite running gadget/accessory?
- I'm a sucker for stats, so I love my Garmin.
- Favorite place to run?
- I am a sucker for the river valley, obviously, because it's so beautiful that it makes me forget I'm even in the city. However, I love speeding down Emily Murphy Hill, because it makes me feel like a superhero.
Would you rather:
- Trail or road race?
- Road race, for sure. This year, I will be running my first trail race and I'm terrified of falling on my bum.
- Indoor or outdoor running?
- I love outdoor running. There is so much more to look at and experience. I am spoiled to have a treadmill in my basement to take advantage of when it's too cold or rainy.
- Silence or music?
- I always have a running playlist ready to go. You better believe that there is always a Justin Bieber song on it.
- Solo run or run with friends?
- I am a fan of both. Solo runs help me build up my mental game and runs with friends are always more fun.
How many years have you ran in the Servus Edmonton Marathon?
This will be my seventh year! Last year was my first year running the half marathon and I loved it. I ran the 10k race for five years and it is, hands down, my favourite route.