Mallory Allain - Marathon | Edmonton, AB
What is your:
- Go-to pre-run food/nutrition?
- A plain bagel with peanut butter, nice and simple.
- Go-to post-run food/nutrition?
- I have a hard time eating right after a run so I drink a lot of water.
- Favorite running gadget/accessory?
- I love my Garmin Forerunner 235 and my Salomon hydration pack.
- Favorite place to run?
- Hands down in the River Valley. We are spoiled in Edmonton with some pretty amazing views.
Would you rather:
- Trail or road race?
- Trails, 100%. But I have no sense of direction and am ridiculously accident prone. So if you want to get lost and have a good laugh, I’m your girl.
- Indoor or outdoor running?
- I like a good mix of both throughout my week.
- Silence or music?
- Outdoors: silence. Treadmill: music, real, real loud.
- Solo run or run with friends?
- Friends! I used to be so nervous about running with other people. Now it’s what I look forward to!
Advice for new runners or first time Servus Edmonton Marathon participants?
Enjoy the weekend, take it all in, and most importantly, have fun with it. Trust yourself, trust your training and feed off of the amazing energy. It’s called the friendly marathon for a reason.