Meagan Hayashi - Half Marathon | Hinton, AB
What is your:
- Go-to pre-run food/nutrition?
- A banana and a cup (or 3) of coffee
- Go-to post-run food/nutrition?
- Yogurt parfait – blueberries, vanilla yogurt, and a high-protein granola.
- Favorite running gadget/accessory?
- Does my dog count? Otherwise I would probably have to say my Solomon running pack. Lots of room to fit enough water and snacks for long run adventures.
- Favorite place to run?
- My home trails in Hinton, AB! Over 45kms of continuous single track trails to cruise on.
Would you rather:
- Trail or road race?
- Indoor or outdoor running?
- Silence or music?
- 50/50, some days it is nice to have some background noise, other days it is nice to focus on breathing and have aheightened awareness to your surroundings.
- Solo run or run with friends?
- Always better with friends
When and how did you get started in running?
Like many people, I started running 10 years ago to lose weight and get healthier. I started with short run/walk intervals of 5min/1min, and gradually increased my endurance and speed. I reached my fitness goals within a year, and just kept going because I was hooked!