With high temperatures in the race day forecast, we are encouraging participants to plan in advance to stay hydrated and comfortable.Safety is a top priority at the 2022 Servus Edmonton Marathon and organizers have years of experience in supporting participants on the racecourse. Extensive preparations include:
- A high number of water stations on the course – 10 water stations = one every 4 kilometres
- 5 mobile Course Managers roaming the course
- 8 mobile Marshal Ambassadors on course handing out hydration (juice boxes) and snacks to our Course Marshals
- 2 mobile medical units on course from Alberta Paramedical Services
- 2 mobile ambulances on course from Alberta Health Services EMS
- 15% more water added for course water stations
- 20% more water at the finish line
- Electrolyte drinks at all 10 water stations
- Energy chews and gels at 2 water stations
- Hydration fluids at the finish line. Every runner will be handed a 500ml bottle of water immediately upon crossing the finish line. Plus, there is a Runners Food area with additional hydration and food.
- Finisher will be able to cool off at our cooling Mist Tent.
To Our Valued Volunteers: Please wear a hat, use sunscreen, and bring extra fluids. Also consider bringing a lawn chair and/or an umbrella.
This event will follow AHS Medical Officer guidelines
To see the latest forecast, visit Edmonton Weather, Environment and Natural Resources Canada