What is your:
- Go-to pre-run food/nutrition?
- For light training: double expresso PLEASEEEEE + 1 toast with honey
For a long distance training: double expresso AGAIN + ½ peanut butter protein bar
- Go-to post-run food/nutrition?
- Pancakes + bacon + scrambled eggs (immediately after running a low-carb cold beer helps me a lot to recover after long distances)
- Favorite running gadget/accessory?
- My Garmin watch
- Favorite place to run?
- As I do live in Mexico City, I have 2 fav spots: Viveros de Coyoacan & Ciudad Universitaria (UNAM)
Would you rather:
- Trail or road race?
- Indoor or outdoor running?
- Silence or music?
- Chatting, otherwise… silence.
- Solo run or run with friends?
- Both …. I love running with friends and also I appreciate a lot when solo running opportunities come. Running solo is a great opportunity to improve technique, solve personal/professional issues and meditate.
Advice for new runners or first time Servus Edmonton Marathon participants?
Enjoy the ride, find the purpose of running in your inner voice, running is not easy, it is meant to not be easy, but enjoyable instead. Every Mile/Kilometer makes you stronger and moves you toward the Finish line (whatever it is), a promise, an offer, a challenge. Servus Edmonton Marathon is about sharing, it is an easy flat course with beautiful people cheering all the way, beautiful landscapes and a Boston Qualifier!!!