What is your:
- Go-to pre-run food/nutrition?
- I keep it simple and focus on staying hydrated before heading out.
- Go-to post-run food/nutrition?
- Eek! This has been a learning curve for me. When I first started training, I wanted to eat everything. I would just stand at my fridge and go to town. Over the years, I have learned how to fulfill my post-running cravings. Still a work in progress; however, after a long morning run, I enjoy a strong coffee and steel-cut oats. I usually mix in some natural peanut butter, for added protein. This helps with post-run hunger.
- Favorite running gadget/accessory?
- I love my Garmin. I wear it every day. I don’t think I could run or function without it.
- Favorite place to run?
- Edmonton river valley is so beautiful year-round. With endless running routes, both trails and paved, it is easy to stay challenged and motivated.
Would you rather:
- Trail or road race?
- Both! I love to be in nature, bouncing around trails but there is nothing better than a flat and fast road race.
- Indoor or outdoor running?
- If I am moving, I am happy
- Silence or music?
- Music, it gets the body going. Also, enjoy a good podcast or audiobook.
- Solo run or run with friends?
- Solo or with my black lab, Moose. I enjoy opening my front door and running when It feels right vs having to schedule and coordinate a time for a run.
What is your favourite Servus Edmonton Marathon memory?
Finishing my first half marathon!
Edmonton was home to my first race. I still remember how nervous I was. I had no idea what to expect ….’what if I couldn’t finish, what if I wasn’t fast enough……’ I had so many “what ifs” before the race.
On race day, I was overwhelmed by how diverse and accepting the running community was. Each runner had set their own goals, there was no pressure to be fast & flashy. Showing up was the only thing that mattered. It was an amazing experience!